Monday, April 19, 2010

BAD Car DAY

Thursday I had a bad car day. If I could have had a theme song that played over me as I entered a room it would have been, "Had a Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. I drive my old red explorer to Grenada and back 2-3 times a week to save miles on my new explorer. It is a '99 and very very reliable. When I went to get into it the drivers side handle broke. I should have taken that as a sign and went to a different vehicle, but I went to the passenger side and climbed over. Very little embarreses me you know. Upon reaching the interstate I settled in at 75mph and held it there because this '99 doesn't have cruise control and its a stick shift for all you who need a mental picture. Cruising along, I went to pass an 18 wheeler who obviously had me in his blind spot because he proceeded to merge over with me. I couldn't stop and he couldnt get back over. I held onto the road as long as I could before driving down the embankment of the median. God was definitely with me because I was so very calm. I drove as if I was a profesional at crash reacovery. I let me car slow itself, and die because I didn't down shift. The next God thing is when I look behind me I see red and orangle flashing lights. It was an ambulance who watched the whole thing and stopped to help. An EMT rushed down the hill to me and checked on me. I was amazingly calm and was smiling like I was some stupid thrill seeker. He asked me if I had wet my pants because that must happen alot in accidents. I was fine and my reliable Ford was fine. I even drove myselft out. I had to drive horizontal for several hundred yards because the angle was too steep to come right out.
Thats not too bad right? Well if it only had ended there I might not have come home crying. I made it to Kosciusko city limits and just before I could get to my first red light I was pulled over for speeding. Nothing to say about that. I was kicking myself then because its been like 9 years since my last ticket. Steven seems to call when things are going wrong. Like as I was rolling off the interstate in the ditch my phone is ringing. Well, when I drive off my phone rings. The bad part is Steven was so darn nice and I still cry, what a baby! Nursing school has not kicked my butt, but it has run me down where I am like the wounded gazelle and look like an easy target for the lion to devour. Steven said, "Stop crying, you've had a bad day!"

No comments: